The pressostatic gasometer is the result of the experience and expertise of Biogas Engineering, which always offers innovative solutions.
The pressostatic gasometer has a cylindrical shape and, in the biogas / bioethane plant it is the connecting element between the digester and the generator.
The constant pressure, which you want to create and maintain inside the pressostatic gasometer, is between 1500 and 3000 Pa (15 – 30 mbar) and originates from the air pressure between the main body and the tank.
It performs the following functions:
- Increasing the capacity of the digester; in effect, the total biogas capacity available to the plant is the sum of the biogas contained in the digester and that contained in the gas holder.
- Storing the biogas.
- Pumping the biogas contained in the gas holder to the generators: the pressure required for the biogas to reach the generator is created by the action of the ballast and the tie rod system.
- Dampening pressure fluctuations of the biogas contained in the digester.
The gasometer system consists of:
- An inner cylindrical membrane called the “tank” to contain the biogas under pressure.
- An outer cylindrical container called “main body” that contains the tank and maintains the air pressure between the two chambers.
- Steel hooks for anchoring the gas holder and the grounding of potential electrostatic charges;
- Inlet and outlet flanges of the biogas.
- 5″ inlet valves to connect the air blower and measuring instruments
- Inspection window.
- Repair kit.
This pressure management solution allows for a compression of the tank and, therefore, a pumping effect of the biogas to power the generator.
Area of application
(*) The table shows the dimensions of the most used gasometers, in case of special requests Biogas Engineering will propose the most suitable solution.